The League of Professional Theatre Women boasts many programs that support our goal of promoting visibility and increasing opportunity for women in Professional Theatre. Many of our programs are member initiated.
- 50/50 in 2020: A broad reaching partnership with the Women’s Project and New Perspectives Theatre to reinforce the need for equal pay and equal opportunity
- Awards Events: Held bi-annually, these events celebrate women in the field chosen to receive awards for their exemplary work and dedication.
- Edith Meiser Oral History: Made possible by generous grants from the Edith Meiser Foundation and the New York State Council on the Arts, the ongoing Oral History Project chronicles and documents the contributions of significant theatre women in many fields.
- Educational Programming: Through the Legacy Series, Legendary Lives, Special Programs, Panels and Lectures, the League offers its members and the community educational programming that highlights women theater professionals past and present.
- Holiday Party: Held annually in December, this evening celebration is a social gathering for members.
- Julia’s Reading Room: Julia’s Reading Room is a place for League playwrights, librettists, directors, actors and producers to bring works in progress to be read. Find the upcoming Julia’s Reading Room on our calendar of events.
- Leadership Luncheons: Leadership luncheons bring guests from various fields of theatre together with League members.
- LPTW Salons: Monthly get-togethers for members and potential members and friends in an informal and fun atmosphere.
- Networking Mondays Quarterly: Networking Mondays feature structured networking, casual conversation and short presentations on relevant subjects delivered by industry experts followed by a Q&A.
- Workshops & Seminars: The League organizes workshops and seminars where League members and guest experts discuss a variety of topics of interest to League members.
- Travel: Trips, including an annual theatre visit to London and other countries.
- Curtain Call: Celebrating a Century of Women Designing for Live Performance Co-Curated by the New York Library for the Performing Arts, this extensive exhibit featured hundreds of designers from the past 100 years. The exhibit ran from November 2008 until May 2009. Read more about the exhibit, or purchase the full color catalogue.
- Women in Theatre (WIT): A series of interviews of notable women in theatre. Linda Winer conducted the interviews and they were shown on CUNY-TV. Read more about WIT.
- New Play Festival: Held on occassion to celebrate the work of League members.
- 30 Plays Series: A special program celebrating the work of League members throughout the 30th Anniversary.