The Broadway League Seeking Labor Relations Associate/Contract Analyst
Labor Relations Associate/Contract Analyst
General Description: Responsible for statistical, cost and financial analysis of collective bargaining proposals and overall support the Labor Relations Department of The Broadway League (a multi‐ employer trade association) serving the Theatre Owners, Producers and General Managers of Broadway.
Expert‐level Excel, formula and financial model technician.
- Complete analysis of budgets, costs and economic ramifications of financial proposals during labor negotiations
- Creation of original numerical templates, formulas and modeling for financial proposals Prepare detailed minutes (contemporaneously) from labor negotiations
- Research industry past practices
- Draft and verify contract language in newly negotiated contracts
- Prepare summaries, charts and analysis, as needed, for collective bargaining
- Respond to inquiries from League members
- Interpretation and understanding of labor contract provisions Research and administrative preparation for grievances and arbitrations
- Updating and maintenance of Labor Relations websites and databases for League members and Labor Department
- Schedule and oversee logistics of written materials for labor related meetings
- All other duties needed or assigned to support the Labor Department or The League
Skills Needed Include:
- Expertise and agility in Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
- High Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Ability to create modeling formulas and templates
- Ability to quickly change, modify, alter and apply various methods of calculation (including proration, uneven timetables, tax aspects, etc).
- Typing speed of 65‐80 words per minute
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Skills/background Desired Include:
- Familiarity with Broadway practices, jargon and history
- Familiarity with Federal, State and local labor laws
- History with labor negotiations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or Economics related area of study
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Scott Irgang at email@example.com.