Jujamcyn Theaters Seeking Executive Intern
Executive Department Interns will engage in all manner of administrative tasks, learning the responsibilities and challenges of organizationally managing multiple Broadway theatres by working directly with the Assistants to the President, Executive Vice President, and Senior Vice President as well as the Vice President of Company Operations and the Executive Producer of Red Awning. The ideal candidate is interested in a career in theatre administration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Office support including filing and distributions (by fax and by e-mail)
- Answering phones, checking voicemail, handling ticket requests
- Liaising between departments, and aiding in management of the Executive’s calendars
- Other administrative tasks (i.e. research projects, interoffice deliveries, etc.)
Skills and Specifications
- Attention to detail and confidentiality is a must
- Must have working knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Power Point
- Must possess effective problem solving skills including ability to time manage and prioritize
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
Two to three part-time interns for a 3-5 day work week (22 to 28 hours). Hours flexible.
Internship Program Benefits and Details
A minimum of 12 weeks; three sessions available per year: Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer
Interns are paid at an hourly rate of $13 as well as college credits as available
Attendance at bi-weekly lunch meeting for interns to discuss their work, share ideas, and speak with an invited guest from the Jujamcyn staff or a figure in the theatre community
Opportunities on nights and weekends for flexible work at our theatres
Tickets (when available) to our productions playing at Jujamcyn theatres
Applications for all three sessions are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed regularly. Please indicate in your cover letter which session you are most interested in applying for.
If you are being considered for one of our internship opportunities you will be contacted by Human Resources within two weeks of your application to set up an interview. Because of the popularity of our program and the volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to those who are being considered. Please note that most departments require an in-person interview, though phone interviews can be arranged in some cases.
A complete application consists of the following:
- A cover letter indicating your area of interest
- A resume including your experience and theatre experience
- One letter of recommendation (can be employer, professor, etc.)
All material should be addressed to Intern Coordinator
246 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Fax: (212) 944-0708