Associate Producer Job Opening at the Public Theater
The Public Theater is hiring a new associate producer.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Producing department, manage its 4 Line Producers, Associate Line Producers and assistants.
- Provide focus, prioritization and context in a landscape of multiple and concurrent commitments.
- Engage with artists to identify the resources/scope required to create budget assumptions for each production; manage those assumptions and communicate if changes/requests for more resources occur.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Serve as primary liaison between artists and internal departments including but not limited to Marketing, Development, and General Management.
- Oversee creative team meetings and design presentations.
- With Artistic Chief of Staff, facilitate attendance of Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director at rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances.
- When taking the lead on line producing specific projects, collaborate with the Production Manager and Company Manager as a show team to provide support to production, artists and the wider organization.
- Oversee copy edit and approval of programs, press releases and marketing materials on behalf of the Producing department for all projects.
- As an advocate, represent The Public Theater to the Board of Directors as well as to national and international stakeholders.
For the full job profile and application instructions, please click here.